Knowledge Management

Restoring KV Store Collection: Socket Error or Timeout

djfangBAH

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to restore a KV store collection with about 100K records. I am consistently encountering the following error around the 5 minute mark when the restoration process is running:

05-14-2019 10:54:16.517 -0400 ERROR KVStorageProvider - An error occurred during the last operation ('saveBatchData', domain: '2', code: '4'): Failed to send "update" command with database "s_cpz-coU94dWXKCN+jKROv8LHlXVG8O_testingcollectionBfrJQ4CnAkHyN4DnrvYrGQiU": Failed to read 4 bytes: socket error or timeout
05-14-2019 10:54:16.741 -0400 WARN  KVStoreAdminHandler - No data found to restore matching specified parameters archiveName="backedup_collections_100k.tar.gz", appName="cpz-great-app", collectionName="testingcollection"
05-14-2019 10:54:16.741 -0400 ERROR KVStoreAdminHandler - [ "{ \"ErrorMessage\" : \"Failed to send \\\"update\\\" command with database \\\"s_cpz-coU94dWXKCN+jKROv8LHlXVG8O_testingcollectionBfrJQ4CnAkHyN4DnrvYrGQiU\\\": Failed to read 4 bytes: socket error or timeout\" }" ]\n

Based discussions within thread: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/682228/attempting-to-restore-a-kvstore-collection-has-any-1.html

I have also set the following within limits.conf:

[kvstore]
max_documents_per_batch_save = 1000000
max_rows_per_query = 1000000

With it consistently erroring out around the 5 minute mark is leading me to wonder if there's a timeout value within one of the conf settings.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @sirajnp,

Seems like a network error: "socket error or timeout".

Which Splunk version are you running and is it in a clustered environment ? In case it's an SHC, please make sure that port 8191 is reachable between SHC members.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

nagendra1111

are you able to solve this issue?

0 Karma

nagendra1111

@djfangBAH

0 Karma

sirajnp
Path Finder

05-14-2019 10:54:16.517 -0400 ERROR KVStorageProvider - An error occurred during the last operation ('saveBatchData', domain: '2', code: '4'): Failed to send "update" command with database "s_cpz-coU94dWXKCN+jKROv8LHlXVG8O_testingcollectionBfrJQ4CnAkHyN4DnrvYrGQiU": Failed to read 4 bytes: socket error or timeout

@DavidHourani - We are restoring KVStore from one search head to another, getting above error. What could be the issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...