Knowledge Management

Peer index without configuring master node

shahk
Explorer

Hello ,

I have 4 VMs for splunk index peering setup, out of which i will use 1 vm for Splunk License manage, 1 for search head and rest of two as a Index server.

When I try to configure Peer node , it asks for maser URl, do I have to make one of the index server as maser node then only I can configure peer node or is there any was to configure peer nodes without master node?

~Krimesh

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The term peer node is Indexer cluster specific. You need a cluster master node (first) to configure an indexer cluster. Assuming you just want the other two VM to be Indexers, a Splunk Enterprise instance is already an Indexer when installed (and a Search Head too). Just follow instructions from below link to set it as Standalone Indexer in distributed indexer. It lists all the configuration that you need to do in Indexer, forwarder and search head.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Indexer/Advancedindexingstrategy#Deploy_indexers_i...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...