Knowledge Management

Multiple definitions for one tag?

mfeeny1
Path Finder

I am somewhat new to tags as a "Knowledge Management" tool, and I am reviewing the tags configured on my SPLUNK search head, and totally confused by the following situation... From the GUI, I go to Manage -> Tags -> List by tag name. I see a particular tag (let's call it tag1) that is listed twice, with different field-value pairs. In one row, it includes two field-value pairs, and in the other it includes about 60 field-value pairs. In both definitions, the owner and the app are the same (admin, search). Is this viable? If so, if I were logged in as admin, and I used this tag in a search, which set of field-value pairs would it use?

Thanx for any clarification...

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Kate_Lawrence-G
Contributor

well the tags could conceivablely be the same but they could apply to different sources/sourcetypes or applications. So even if they have the same owner they could do different things.

when running a search it would depends on which one of these tags applies to the search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...