Knowledge Management

KV Store Update Multiple Records

kdroddy
Explorer

Quick question about KV store - wondering what the best way to update multiple records at once via search may be?

Example - let's say I have the most recent logon for users for the past week:

user1 - last_logon_time
user2 - last_logon_time
etc....

I would like to query last_logon_time for all users for the past day, then update the KV store with the most recent info. The goal would be to set this up as a schedule search running daily to keep the KV store updated.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sciencenfaith
Engager

If I understood the question correctly, it seems very similar to updating a KV Store as described in https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/manageknowledge/kvstore/uselookupswithkvstore/, but with multiple entries at once. So, instead of: 

| inputlookup csvcoll_lookup | search _key=544948df3ec32d7a4c1d9755 | eval CustName="Marge Simpson" | eval CustCity="Springfield" | outputlookup csvcoll_lookup append=True

try something like: 

| inputlookup csvcoll_lookup | where _key IN("544948df3ec32d7a4c1d9755","544948df3ec32d7a4c1d9756","544948df3ec32d7a4c1d9757") | eval CustName="Marge Simpson" | eval CustCity="Springfield" | outputlookup csvcoll_lookup append=True

The critical difference is "| where _key IN" to list the keys you want to manipulate instead of searching for a single one.  

EDIT: sorry, I replied to the reply instead of the OP. Removed original and posted correctly.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kdroddy

Can you please share your existing sample search/ code for updating KVStore and the sample KVstore fields?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...