Knowledge Management

KV Store API successful POST but no added entry?

bofasplunkguy
Explorer

I am stuck using the KV Store API to insert a record. I have a record object that I am posting the following way using this doc: https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/JavaScriptSDK/1.6/splunkjs.Service.html#splunkjs.Service...

var record = {"data" : myData};
    var path = "storage/collections/data/myCollection/";
    var method = "POST";
    var query=null;
    var post=null;
    var body=JSON.stringify(record);
    var headers={"Content-Type": "application/json"};

service.request(
        path,
        method,
        query,
        post,
        body,
        headers,
        //callback function
        function(err, response){
            if(response) console.log("response " + JSON.stringify(response));
            else console.log("err " + JSON.stringify(err));
        }
    );

My console log is giving the following success message with a 201, indicating a record was created:

{"response":{"statusCode":201,"headers":{"date":"Thu, 25 Jul 2019 13:47:48 GMT\r","x-content-type-options":"nosniff\r","server":"Splunkd\r","x-frame-options":"SAMEORIGIN\r","content-type":"application/json; charset=UTF-8\r","cache-control":"no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0\r","connection":"Keep-Alive\r","vary":"Cookie\r","content-length":"35\r","expires":"Thu, 26 Oct 1978 00:00:00 GMT\r"}},"status":201,"data":{"_key":"5d39b3047369c10c940059c8"},"error":"success"}

However, when I search my |inputlookup myCollection there is no added entry. The response message returns an _key, but when I search this in splunk nothing comes back. I am not sure how to debug because the code says it is successful. Can anyone please advise?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...