Knowledge Management

KV Store API successful POST but no added entry?

bofasplunkguy
Explorer

I am stuck using the KV Store API to insert a record. I have a record object that I am posting the following way using this doc: https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/JavaScriptSDK/1.6/splunkjs.Service.html#splunkjs.Service...

var record = {"data" : myData};
    var path = "storage/collections/data/myCollection/";
    var method = "POST";
    var query=null;
    var post=null;
    var body=JSON.stringify(record);
    var headers={"Content-Type": "application/json"};

service.request(
        path,
        method,
        query,
        post,
        body,
        headers,
        //callback function
        function(err, response){
            if(response) console.log("response " + JSON.stringify(response));
            else console.log("err " + JSON.stringify(err));
        }
    );

My console log is giving the following success message with a 201, indicating a record was created:

{"response":{"statusCode":201,"headers":{"date":"Thu, 25 Jul 2019 13:47:48 GMT\r","x-content-type-options":"nosniff\r","server":"Splunkd\r","x-frame-options":"SAMEORIGIN\r","content-type":"application/json; charset=UTF-8\r","cache-control":"no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0\r","connection":"Keep-Alive\r","vary":"Cookie\r","content-length":"35\r","expires":"Thu, 26 Oct 1978 00:00:00 GMT\r"}},"status":201,"data":{"_key":"5d39b3047369c10c940059c8"},"error":"success"}

However, when I search my |inputlookup myCollection there is no added entry. The response message returns an _key, but when I search this in splunk nothing comes back. I am not sure how to debug because the code says it is successful. Can anyone please advise?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...