Knowledge Management

Is there more information about how to take advantage of an education credit announced at .conf2016 keynote?

akaufman24
Engager

Hi,

Just started using Splunk and attended conf 2016. Wondering how I would go about taking advantage of $5,000 education credit promised at at Keynote. How do I start the process?

Thanks!
Uber-Noob

Tags (2)
1 Solution

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @akaufman24,

There should be an email sent out regarding this education credit announcement during keynote, so please be on the look out for that.

View solution in original post

stuartidelta01
Path Finder

For those interested in certification - Power User and Admin certification is free to those who have taken the necessary courses. You just email in to Splunk when you are ready to take the exam. They are both online, open book tests but you do need to know your stuff in order to get through all the questions in time (you won't be able able to look everything up) - keep docs.splunk.com close by and it'd also help if you had a splunk install to double check things during the exam.

Splunk Certified Power User Track: http://www.splunk.com/view/education/SP-CAAAAH9

Splunk Certified Admin: http://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAJER

Drill down to see the fees and schedules for each of the courses required.

Beyond that you can do Splunk Architect - there is a $1000 charge for this exam (it's 24 hours and uses multiple AWS instances which you have to configure & build a solution on).

Good luck!

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Great question! I'm also curious about how to claim the educational credit. Do you know if this also covers the cost of getting the certification, or if this counts only towards the training? (Or does the training cost cover the certification cost)?

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @akaufman24,

There should be an email sent out regarding this education credit announcement during keynote, so please be on the look out for that.

chanfoli
Builder

I got my email today, so check your inbox folks. Registered for the Architect Cert Lab in January. Let the prep begin!

0 Karma

felipecerda
Path Finder

It's been a while and we have not received any email regarding the $5000 in education credit... any news on this?

0 Karma

stuartidelta01
Path Finder

Partners received a link last week to the site that has been setup for this and we are waiting on a unique code (presumably everyone will get their own unique code). This is the latest info I received from splunk education (received at the weekend):

"You will be getting an email in the next few days that details everything about the offer."

So, hopefully this week. For info - I was asking about how to transfer credits between employees, so that should be detailed in the email too.

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Any idea on how much the admin course costs? Will the $5,000 voucher cover multiple courses or does each course cost about $5,000?

0 Karma

echeren
Engager

Thanks i was looking for the same answer and what better place to find it.

akaufman24
Engager

Thanks for the info ...

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

My conversation with the Splunkers at the training booth, I was led to believe, $5K should get you from Basics to Admin (may not include the certification)

landen99
Motivator

Splunk certifications (themselves) through Admin is free. Architect certification costs some.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...