Knowledge Management

Is there a Sample Data On-Boarding Document Template I am looking for ideas from Splunk users who provide services of Splunk to their internal customers in the organization?

uvmk61

I am looking for ideas from Splunk users who provide services of Splunk to their internal customers in the organization.

Do you have/can you share an on-boarding form/document/excel template that covers input parameters needed for -
- simple log on-boarding
- DB Connect
- HTTP Event Collector
- or any other apps.

With this document, you will have persistent on-boarding data that you get from your internal customers.
Thank you in advance!

0 Karma

valiquet
Contributor

-Data Gov (is it usefull, what is the coast)
-Writing to twiki SMEs, Owner, etc
-Sending sample data
-Chosing index, sourcetype, entitlements
-Applying best practice to onboard
-Pushing to prod
-Monitoring

File monitoring is the easiest and very good. HTTP collector is good but not as mature. If possible stay away from syslog unless you know what you are doing

Feel free to ask details

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...