Knowledge Management

Is it possible to use fusion charts in splunk dashboards?

renuka13
Explorer

Is it possible to combine fusion charts with Splunk?
Fusion charts are created in simplified XML , in Splunk it is possible to convert Simplified xml to advance xml right
Here is link for fusion charts
http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/features/#linkedcharts-for-easy-drill-down

Please help me out........... 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

Renuka,

adding a new graph to splunk is a quite challenging activity that requires days of work. You need to write the JavaScript that generates the graph, write an HTML/CSS for the visualization (this is quite simple), provide data to the graph as if in the JSON template found in your link.
And, finally, I guess there will be some Python to write in order to finally and physically add the graph to Splunk.

So: yes, it is possible and yes, it's not trivial 🙂

View solution in original post

Drainy
Champion

Also you've marked an answer as accepted and voted it up which suggests its resolved your questions 🙂

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

If you follow the links and tutorials I've pasted you don't need to be downloading the SDK's to do anything, just start building the tutorials.

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

is there any answer to my main question? if i take help of SDKs
i am trying to use javascript sdk.

once i load this sdk can i start coding for fushion charts?
or i have to create my own app itself?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

If you're serious about doing this then head over to;
http://dev.splunk.com/view/app-framework/SP-CAAADVF

It has tutorials and step by step guides on how to achieve something like this, I did something similar recently with another JavaScript library.

Like stefano says, it is not trivial and its not the sort of question where you can ask here for steps, no one else is going to integrate this library for you 🙂

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

If you have a look here http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAADWA it has a breakdown of where each file needs to be placed.

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

Hi Drainy,

i started creating my own app ... and i am referring to the codes of JSON , i am stuck in between where .js files to be loaded?

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

IN (To generate the app directory and files)

If the framework is running, stop it by pressing Ctrl+C at the command prompt

what is running framework? here

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

ya i will have look on it.. and thank you

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Good luck, there is a JSON example module there which i used when attempting something similar

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

Hi Drainy,

Thank you for the help.... will get you back once i achieve it.. 🙂

0 Karma

renuka13
Explorer

Thank you for the reply.. 🙂 please help me, i dont know how to start JSON is new thing for me, just give me a steps to achieve it.. 🙂

0 Karma

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

Renuka,

adding a new graph to splunk is a quite challenging activity that requires days of work. You need to write the JavaScript that generates the graph, write an HTML/CSS for the visualization (this is quite simple), provide data to the graph as if in the JSON template found in your link.
And, finally, I guess there will be some Python to write in order to finally and physically add the graph to Splunk.

So: yes, it is possible and yes, it's not trivial 🙂

renuka13
Explorer

Hi,

Can you help me in further process?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...