Knowledge Management

Is it possible to populate a specific summary index using sitimechart?

rmacurak
Explorer

I've created a new summary index that I'd like to populate with historical data. I cannot seem to find any documentation that indicates how to specify the name of a summary index when populating the summary index using sitimechart.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You actually don't need to use the collect command. When you save the search, go to the Manager and edit it.
Make sure that the search is scheduled to run the way you want. At the very bottom of the page, there is a dropdown where you can choose the summary index.

reed_kelly
Contributor

You need to pipe the "si" commands to a collect command to send to any index. Alternatively, you can make a scheduled search and check the box to enable summary indexing and choose the index.

E.g. ....|sitimechart count by site |collect index="site_summary"

Ofcourse, site_summary has to be an existing index.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...