Knowledge Management

Ingestion of Data in Summary Index

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I've created a Summary Index and populated it with the following search:

(wso2_wmf(RequestCompleted)) OR (auth_wmf(RequestReceived))
| fields _time request.detail.apiContext detail.responseMessage response.detail.statusCode request.tags.path request.detail.applicationProductionClientId request.tags.X-Request-ID tags.X-Request-ID detail.agentCode
| collect index=summary_dg_dda marker="report=ddatestV2"

The ingestion of the data is working fine and I can see all the events and the fields within the JSON file, but none of the 'fields' are shown as 'explicit' and so I'm unable to extract data using a normal 'stats by' query.

Could someone tell me please where I've gone wrong.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

jimodonald
Contributor

Typically you configure a scheduled search to populate a summary index not by using the collect command. Please see the Knowledge Manager Manual for using summary indexing.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Knowledge/Usesummaryindexing

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jimodonald
Contributor

Typically you configure a scheduled search to populate a summary index not by using the collect command. Please see the Knowledge Manager Manual for using summary indexing.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Knowledge/Usesummaryindexing

0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, thank you for coming back to me with this.

I didn't know about using the 'report' command in this way.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...