Knowledge Management

If my index is set for 30 day retention, is it possible to have an accelerated data model for a longer period of time?

pmeyerson
Path Finder

If my index is set for 30 day retention, is it possible to have a data model summary for a longer period? Is the data model storing its... cumulative .. results separate from the index?
Thanks.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

I assume you mean accelerated data models, but the short answer is no. Technically accelerated data models are separate from the index and are stored in multiple .tsidx ( time-series index file) files which contain records of the key/value pair in your regular index. Basically accelerated data models just contain pointers to the raw data.

If you would like to store the tsdix files in separate directory or on another disk that is configurable though the indexes.conf.

If you want to store data beyond the raw data I suggest you look at summary indexing

More Information:
Accelerate data models
Summary Indexing Theory and Practice, Part 1
Use summary indexing for increased reporting efficiency

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...