Knowledge Management

IOT asset hierarchy

Simon_RH

Hi All, 

I am wondering how people are working with metrics data in an IOT application without the IAI app now that it has been depreciated.

The main issue that I am facing is the enrichment of the metric with asset hierarchy type information.

Auto lookups are out for metrics so the |m... searches end up getting complex and the metrics workspaces always use the metric_name for its grouping and as far as i can see cannot be configured to use externally added hierarchy/groupings like in the IAI app.

Any tips or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simon

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Simon_RH,

did you already whatch the apps for IoT in Splunkbase?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Simon_RH

Hi Giuseppe,

I have looked at all the apps, but they still don't address the base setup for metrics that was available in the iai app, namely the asset definition and management that is needed for enrichment in splunk. If the metric_name structure is set but a more up to date or detailed tree structure is needed to link to the analytic workspace etc, this creates problems.

Working with data models allows the creation of hierarchical structures, but its not automatically created and maintained.

Kind regards,

Simon

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...