Knowledge Management

I lost 'tags' after renaming an application

donelliot
Path Finder

I was trying to implement a process where historical events would be tagged with the relevant service desk ticket, and all was looking great until I decided to rename the application!.

I guess I hoped that the data would persist - even if it errored. but it seems like this tagged data does not appear anymore.

This is not the end of the world just now, but if I had happened to do this 6 months from now this would not be amusing.

Any suggestions? Where is this tag data stored? Is this likely to be recoverable at all?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

donelliot
Path Finder

Ok my bad - I hadn't realized the tags are stored in tags.conf in the user directory under etc\local%username%\oldapplicationdir and they were still there...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...