Knowledge Management

How to replicate KV store lookup from Forwarder to indexer/SearchHeads?

mbachhav
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a clustered environment (Search Head Cluster with 1 Forwarder,  3 SHs, and 2 Indexers).

I have deployed a custom-built app on the Forwarder and 3 SHs.

I have created a KV Store lookup with a custom-built app on the Forwarder and set replicate = true in collections.conf as mentioned in https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/manageknowledge/kvstore/usingconfigurationfiles

I wish to replicate KV Store lookup from forwarder to indexer/SearchHeads but KV Store lookup isn't replicating there.

Let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Hi
Normally I kvstore lookups have done on SH layer. Those configuration guides are expecting this to work. So please move your kvstore to your SHC and then it should work.
R. Ismo
0 Karma

mbachhav
Path Finder

Hi,

Is there any way to replicate the lookup table(KV store/CSV) from Forwarder to indexer/SearchHeads?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...