Knowledge Management

How to delete the report for a user whose account doesn't not exists anymore in splunk

raomu
Explorer

Hi,

we had a user who is no more with our company and we had deleted his account from splunk long back. Now I still see that I keep getting report from his ID. I tried to look for that report and could find it. Any idea how can I find this report and stopped it?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See the documentation topic Manage orphaned knowledge objects in the Knowledge Manager Manual. It explains how to use the Orphaned Scheduled Searches, Reports, and Alerts dashboard that is part of your platform installation.

0 Karma

anjambha
Communicator

Hi raomu,

You can find out the name of a report in Savedsearches.conf in either /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local/Savedsearches.conf or /opt/splunk/etc/users/<user-name>/search/local/Savedsearches.conf.

as per your requirement you can delete it or mark it as disable disabled = 1 then restart the splunk server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...