Knowledge Management

How to delete data from the data model and force it to rebuild ?

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hello,

I am trying to clear my data model but I can't seem to get it to rebuild. Every time i click rebuild I get the same data I had before the rebuild even though the event that is being accelerated has changed.

Any idea how I can delete everything in the data model or at least try to get the new data to be taken into account ?

Best regards,
David

1 Solution

aljohnson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Enterprise automatically rebuilds summaries when you disable and then reenable acceleration for a summary (to edit the data model, for example) - here

• Click Update to refresh the acceleration summary detail information.

- Click Edit to open the Edit Acceleration dialog and change the Summary Range or disable acceleration for the data model altogether.

Now if you still want to delete it:

First, make sure you back up your data model by clicking Download in the top right while editing the data model objects.

Secondly, see this portion on how to delete the data model.

Thirdly, upload your data model again and rebuild the acceleration.

View solution in original post

aljohnson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Enterprise automatically rebuilds summaries when you disable and then reenable acceleration for a summary (to edit the data model, for example) - here

• Click Update to refresh the acceleration summary detail information.

- Click Edit to open the Edit Acceleration dialog and change the Summary Range or disable acceleration for the data model altogether.

Now if you still want to delete it:

First, make sure you back up your data model by clicking Download in the top right while editing the data model objects.

Secondly, see this portion on how to delete the data model.

Thirdly, upload your data model again and rebuild the acceleration.

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Thanks for your answer Aljohnson, In fact I was only disabling/enabling the DM and then rebuilding it but that wasn't helping. In order to force it to rebuild the acceleration period must be modified it seems or else the DM would simply keep the same data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...