Knowledge Management

How to create multiple new custom data source categories on Splunk Security Essentials?

julio-luz
Engager

Hello

I would like to create multiple new custom data source categories to use them in a Partner Integration app on Splunk Security Essentials.

I already read this documentation, then I was able to create a single new custom data source category. However, when trying to create multiple custom data source categories by changing the "company_name" of other security contents, there were no updates to the existing data source categories. Therefore, they were not created and only the first data source category that I had created continued to appear.

Finally, I noticed the following snippet in the SSE documentation in the "Populating Data Inventory" section: "[...] it will take any detections that have a create_data_inventory=true configuration. For the first piece of content that it finds, it will add a new item to data_inventory output [...]". And then I was in doubt if the app is really programmed to create only a new data source category informed, not creating the others, after having created the first.

So I have the following questions:
1. Is it possible to create multiple new custom data source categories?
2. How could I create them?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...