Knowledge Management

How to combine an xyseries output with other aggregate function fields and columns for a certain identifier key

pavanml
Explorer

This is an extension to my other question in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/812982/summary-of-stats-from-multiple-events-for-each-ide.html?mi...

The input and output that I need are in the screenshot below:
alt text

I was able to use xyseries with below command to generate output with identifier and all the Solution and Applied columns for each status. However now I want additional 2 columns for each identifier which is:
* StartDateMin - minimum value of StartDate for all events with a specific identifier
* EndDateMax - maximum value of EndDate for all events with a specific identifier

index = |
| stats count by Identifier, TransactionType, Status
| eval TransactionType = TransactionType." (".Status.")"
| xyseries Identifier, TransactionType, count
| fillnull value=0

How do I embed the new columns StartDateMin and EndDateMax with query modification of above query ?
One option I can think of is to separately generate identifier with startdatemin, end datemin and then again identifier with other columns and then perform a join based on identifier but would involve repetition of lot of conditions two times.

Is there an easy way out while using the above query to do the same ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

Hi @pavanml,

Try this:

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="Identifier, TransactionType, Status, StartDate, EndDate
  1234, Solution, Success, 2020-03-14, 2020-03-15
  1234, Solution, Success, 2020-03-16, 2020-03-17
  1234, Applied, Fail, 2020-03-17, 2020-030-18
  4567, Solution, Fail, 2020-03-14, 2020-03-15
  4567, Solution, Excepetion, 2020-03-18, 2020-03-19" 
| multikv forceheader=1 
| eventstats count, min(StartDate) as StartDateMin, max(EndDate) as EndDateMax by Identifier 
| stats count, min(StartDateMin) as StartDateMin, max(EndDateMax) as EndDateMax by Identifier, TransactionType, Status 
| eval TransactionType = TransactionType." (".Status.")", Identifier=mvzip(Identifier, mvzip(StartDateMin, EndDateMax, ","), ",") 
| fillnull value=0 
| eval split=split(Identifier, ", "), Identifier=mvindex(split, 0), StartDateMin=mvindex(split, 1), EndDateMax=mvindex(split, 2)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Hi @pavanml,

Try this:

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="Identifier, TransactionType, Status, StartDate, EndDate
  1234, Solution, Success, 2020-03-14, 2020-03-15
  1234, Solution, Success, 2020-03-16, 2020-03-17
  1234, Applied, Fail, 2020-03-17, 2020-030-18
  4567, Solution, Fail, 2020-03-14, 2020-03-15
  4567, Solution, Excepetion, 2020-03-18, 2020-03-19" 
| multikv forceheader=1 
| eventstats count, min(StartDate) as StartDateMin, max(EndDate) as EndDateMax by Identifier 
| stats count, min(StartDateMin) as StartDateMin, max(EndDateMax) as EndDateMax by Identifier, TransactionType, Status 
| eval TransactionType = TransactionType." (".Status.")", Identifier=mvzip(Identifier, mvzip(StartDateMin, EndDateMax, ","), ",") 
| fillnull value=0 
| eval split=split(Identifier, ", "), Identifier=mvindex(split, 0), StartDateMin=mvindex(split, 1), EndDateMax=mvindex(split, 2)
0 Karma

pavanml
Explorer

That worked perfectly !! Thanks a lot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...