Knowledge Management

How to change ownership of a KO from a person to a group ?

zacksoft
Contributor

When I create a dashboard , even after sharing it within the app, It's me (the owner) of the dashboard who has the ability to 'edit permission' of that dashboard. Is it possible to change the ownership from a person to a group (like an Active Directory group, role or email DL group) ? so that others in that group can also use the 'edit permission' option?

Yes, I have given them read/write permission. So they can modify the dashboard. That's not my question. My question is How can they grant/revoke permission of a role for that dashboard just like an owner? They always have to wait for me (the owner). So I want the owner to be a group , instead of a single user. Because only the owner sees the 'edit permission' option.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

No, it is not possible. Your only options are a specific user (which could be a shared service account) or no-user (e.g. nobody ).

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The ownership is at user level. You can still write permission on your knowledge object (and have the sharing permissions to app/global level) to a Splunk role. The Splunk role can be mapped to a LDAP group.

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

I give permissions by changing the role in the 'edit permission' option in the dashboard. When I am not available I want someone else should also be able to use 'edit permission' of the dashboard.

Yes, I have given them read/write permission. So they can modify the dashboard. But they themselves cannot grant or revoke permission of a role for that dashboard. They always have to wait for me (the owner). So I want the owner to be a group , instead of a single user. Because only the owner sees the 'edit permission' option.

I hope my question isn't confusing.

0 Karma

som3guy
Explorer

I do nothing think the Splunk permission structure is currently designed to work the way you are asking.

The owner of the dashboard is the only sub-admin level account that is able to edit the permission on a dashboard.

Admins however do have the ability to reassign the knowledge object in the event you are no long able to maintain the dashboard yourself.
They admin can do this: Settings-->All Configurations-->Click Reassign Knowledge Objects

However the most I think you can do is just giving another user the permission to read/write the dashboard.

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you try giving write access to those roles at app level (go to Manage apps-> permissions for the app where you created the dashboard/KO and give that role who you want to be able to update permissions in your absense).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...