Knowledge Management

How do I test whether the summary index is working?

mike7860
Explorer

I have scheduled a search an saved it in a summary index. How do I test whether the results that I had saved in summary index works? Please let me know. There is a documentation available online but I am unable to understand it.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Mike,

If you used the default index for summary indexing when you set up your search you can easily do a search like the one below:

index=summary search_name="My Saved Search name"

You should then see your data.

0 Karma

mike7860
Explorer

So will the result be displayed as events? The result is in the form of a table. So will the result be displayed as events or will a table be populated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...