Knowledge Management

How do I resolve a share library libpcre.so reference after an upgrade on Ubuntu Lucid 64bit

Marinus
Communicator

I recently update my Ubuntu 64bit system and splunk refuses to start.

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

uname -a *Linux 2.6.32-22-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 19:31:57 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux*

./splunk start just times out when it tries to start splunkd

./splunk version Splunk 4.1.2 (build 79191)

ldd ./splunkd

< cut >
    librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x00007fe305c9c000)
    **libpcre.so.0 => not found**
    libxml2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 (0x00007fe30594c000)
    libxslt.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1 (0x00007fe305710000)
    < cut >

The file exists file /home/splunk/splunk/lib/libpcre.so /home/splunk/splunk/lib/libpcre.so: symbolic link to `libpcre.so.0.0.1'

file /home/splunk/splunk/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 /home/splunk/splunk/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

I saw a similar problem was noted at http://www.splunk.com/support/forum:SplunkAdministration/4082

0 Karma
1 Solution

Marinus
Communicator

I have upgraded the Splunk instance to 4.1.3 which has resolved the issue, however I'd still like to get to the bottom of the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Marinus
Communicator

I have upgraded the Splunk instance to 4.1.3 which has resolved the issue, however I'd still like to get to the bottom of the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...