Knowledge Management

How do I pass the logged in user to a workflow action?

Alan_Bradley
Path Finder

I'm trying to set up a workflow action to send an email to someone via a CGI script on another box. I need to have that email sent from the user who's logged into splunk (who pulled down and click on the workflow action menu item), but I can't figure out how to pass the logged in user to the workflow action (i.e. send it as a data item or a part of the URL). Is this possible?

1 Solution

Nate
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.1 and 4.1.1 you cannot specify the user in the workflow action. However, this is an interesting idea and I'll see if I can add something for 4.1.2.

View solution in original post

Ellen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This has not been implemented as of 4.1.6 but an enhancement request (ENH-4128) has been logged.

tawollen
Path Finder

Was this ever addressed? I need to do the same thing.

0 Karma

vbumgarner
Contributor

Any progress on this one?

0 Karma

Nate
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.1 and 4.1.1 you cannot specify the user in the workflow action. However, this is an interesting idea and I'll see if I can add something for 4.1.2.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...