Knowledge Management

How can I change default lifetime of job?

simon_b
Path Finder

I have the problem that my scheduled searches all have a lifetime of 10 days.

This is the case for searches that run once every day but also searches that run every 4 hours. Changing the "Expires" value doesn't affect that 10 days lifetime.

How can I change the default lifetime of my scheduled searches?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi .. please check:https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/conf-splunklive/how-long-does-my-search-live-default-search-ttl.ht...

You can change a ttl either by setting an individual value for a search when you save it, set a dispatch.ttl value (either global or for an individual search) in savedsearches.conf or the [search] or [subsearch] stanzas in limits.conf (ttl or remote_ttl in [search] or ttl in [subsearch].) Have a look at the documentation in savedsearches.conf.spec and limits.conf.spec for more on how to specify these values. Most are given in seconds, except for dispatch.ttl which can also specify the number of schedule periods (like “2p”.)

@simon_b

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi .. please check:https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/conf-splunklive/how-long-does-my-search-live-default-search-ttl.ht...

You can change a ttl either by setting an individual value for a search when you save it, set a dispatch.ttl value (either global or for an individual search) in savedsearches.conf or the [search] or [subsearch] stanzas in limits.conf (ttl or remote_ttl in [search] or ttl in [subsearch].) Have a look at the documentation in savedsearches.conf.spec and limits.conf.spec for more on how to specify these values. Most are given in seconds, except for dispatch.ttl which can also specify the number of schedule periods (like “2p”.)

@simon_b

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...