Knowledge Management

How can I change default lifetime of job?

simon_b
Path Finder

I have the problem that my scheduled searches all have a lifetime of 10 days.

This is the case for searches that run once every day but also searches that run every 4 hours. Changing the "Expires" value doesn't affect that 10 days lifetime.

How can I change the default lifetime of my scheduled searches?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi .. please check:https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/conf-splunklive/how-long-does-my-search-live-default-search-ttl.ht...

You can change a ttl either by setting an individual value for a search when you save it, set a dispatch.ttl value (either global or for an individual search) in savedsearches.conf or the [search] or [subsearch] stanzas in limits.conf (ttl or remote_ttl in [search] or ttl in [subsearch].) Have a look at the documentation in savedsearches.conf.spec and limits.conf.spec for more on how to specify these values. Most are given in seconds, except for dispatch.ttl which can also specify the number of schedule periods (like “2p”.)

@simon_b

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi .. please check:https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/conf-splunklive/how-long-does-my-search-live-default-search-ttl.ht...

You can change a ttl either by setting an individual value for a search when you save it, set a dispatch.ttl value (either global or for an individual search) in savedsearches.conf or the [search] or [subsearch] stanzas in limits.conf (ttl or remote_ttl in [search] or ttl in [subsearch].) Have a look at the documentation in savedsearches.conf.spec and limits.conf.spec for more on how to specify these values. Most are given in seconds, except for dispatch.ttl which can also specify the number of schedule periods (like “2p”.)

@simon_b

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...