Knowledge Management

Can you show me how to setup IP GEO lookup workflow action

thakarpratik
Engager

Hi guys, i am learning splunk , and working my way through Workflow action, i have a dataset which has a clientip field with over 100+ unique IP address

I am trying to get their GEO location of each IP, can i do that via Workflow action? or i have to do it via LOOKUP?

Can you please show me how to do it?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming the IP addresses are all internet routable and not private addresses this should work fine:

... | iplocation clientip | geostats count by Country

If you want additional fields that iplocation doesnt provide, you can dig into some geospatial lookups:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Knowledge/Configuregeospatiallookups

thakarpratik
Engager

So I achieve this using LOOKUP or via workflow action?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Attach the given string to the end of your existing search. That is it.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...