Knowledge Management

Can Splunk provide solutions for monitoring whether a database connection is up or not in realtime and trigger alerts

sudhasubramania

I have installed splunk enterprise and splunk db connect on top of it. It has an option for Health monitoring the connections. I want to trigger an alert email whenever my database connection is down realtime. Is it possible using Splunk db connect or any other Splunk app provides such facility.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

this is not a full answer,
seen it done leveraging splunk internal logs.
i dont remember from the top of my head, but if you will look in the data, there are connections related events with good data regarding last connection, and other factors.
The group i worked with used to monitor it and alert if no data comes in to splunk -> bad connection or DB down. also they tracked the connections and viewed anomalies
hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

this is not a full answer,
seen it done leveraging splunk internal logs.
i dont remember from the top of my head, but if you will look in the data, there are connections related events with good data regarding last connection, and other factors.
The group i worked with used to monitor it and alert if no data comes in to splunk -> bad connection or DB down. also they tracked the connections and viewed anomalies
hope it helps

0 Karma

sudhasubramania

Thanks for the help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...