Knowledge Management

CIM upgrade and accelerated datamodels- Will my datamodels keep at old definition version?

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm a bit confused.

If I have accelerated datamodels and upgrade CIM version and the update adds new fields in datamodels...

What then? Will my datamodels keep at old definition version since they are accelerated and you can't edit accelerated datamodels? Will I have to rebuild my accelerations from scratch? That could be a bit... unfotunate since my summaries are huge.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That is also my understanding with DMAs.  You could ask from Splunk Support if there is any other way to fix this without rebuild those from scratch.

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That is also my understanding with DMAs.  You could ask from Splunk Support if there is any other way to fix this without rebuild those from scratch.

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's what I also thought since you can't edit an accelerated DM (which makes sense). And it seems that upgrading the CIM app doesn't change what you see in GUI on SH as datamodel definition (even though new version of CIM app has additional fields).

Which makes it a bit painfull after all if you have a lot of data (like firewall logs for several weeks back)... I'll try to ask the customer to call the support about it. We'll see if there is a hack for this.

Thx for confirmation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...