Installation

splnkd can't find libjemalloc.so.1

frnkhng
Engager

Hi All,

I installed splunk enterprise in a RedHat Enterprise Linux x86_64 with rpm sucessfully.

But when I run the splunkd, there is below error:

bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: libjemalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked and found the libjemalloc.so.1 and libjemalloc.so in /usr/local/lib, why splunk can't find it?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

You shouldn't be running splunkd directly. You should run bin/splunk which is responsible for setting up the proper environment for splunkd to operate in, and it then launches splunkd.

View solution in original post

jg3

maybe do this:
sudo ln -s /opt/splunk/bin/splunk /etc/init.d/.
... so when your system restarts the correct splunk binary gets the "start" signal.

If you followed the documentation for installing and starting splunk the first time, you probably assumed (as I did) that calling sudo -u splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunkd start —accept-license would work for subsequent starts, and then got the libjemalloc.so.1 error. As mentioned above, giving the start command to the splunk binary (not splunkd) solves this. So the real answer to your question (assuming you've installed in the default /opt/splunk/ path) is:

sudo /opt/splunk/bin/splunk start

0 Karma

mikemaki
Engager

sudo $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk start

marcoscala
Builder

Same error running the following command:

./btprobe -d /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket/splunk_private_db/ --file /opt/splunk/var/log/
/opt/splunk/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: libjemalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

uname -a:
Linux 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Apr 26 13:37:13 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi marco, this is the same run btool like this

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd btool .....

Ayn
Legend

You shouldn't be running splunkd directly. You should run bin/splunk which is responsible for setting up the proper environment for splunkd to operate in, and it then launches splunkd.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...