Installation

run splunk commands from linux home

splunkcol
Builder

Hello,

As everyone already knows the splunk commands like ./splunk status it is only possible to do it from the splunk OPT folder

I saw a video where someone executes that splunk status command without being in the Splunk OPT folder, could you tell me how to do it?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

in linux there are three options for this. Use full path with command like /opt/splunk/bin/splunk or add that directory to your PATH like PATH=/opt/splunk/bin:${PATH} And third option is make an alias for splunk command which point to full path.

You should read more about using Linux command line to understand those better.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

in linux there are three options for this. Use full path with command like /opt/splunk/bin/splunk or add that directory to your PATH like PATH=/opt/splunk/bin:${PATH} And third option is make an alias for splunk command which point to full path.

You should read more about using Linux command line to understand those better.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...