Installation

pytz python package not working in splunk

Rajkumarkbm2
Explorer

I have a python script which will acquire the data from the url and index that in splunk.

Now i have included from pytz import timezone in the script to get the local time of the timezone and passin that time as a input to the url.

Now the issue is while i configured that script in the Splunk i am getting ImportError: No module named pytz

Please help me to resolve this.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi @Rajkumarkbm2

Have a look at this answer,
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/484369/how-can-i-add-python-modules-to-the-splunk-environ-1.html

Usually, Splunk uses the python Interpreter & libraries which comes with it & resides in $SplunkHome$/lib/python2.7/site-packages.

& also you can use sys.path.append in script to import modules into your python file from different locations.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...