Installation

demo splunk instance for tutorial

gprasant

I was wondering what I needed to do in order to get started with a splunk tutorial. Do I need to
a) Install the splunk instance locally and upload demo data into it ? (or)
b) find a demo splunk instance available on the internet.

I searched for (b) but could not find it. It would be really useful if it existed to get people onboard splunk quickly.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Start with the Search Tutorial on the docs site. It walks you through installing the trial version and includes a sample data set that you can upload into Splunk, with instructions for searching, saving and sharing reports, and creating dashboards.

There is also a separate Data Model and Pivot Tutorial if you are interested in those features.

linu1988
Champion

Hello Prasant,
See this tutorial.

http://www.splunk.com/view/education-videos/SP-CAAAGB6
-> please check installing splunk on windows/ any other version.

You can go ahead to see splunk site documentation as well. You can install splunk trail version to learn things.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Edited my answer, Thanks

0 Karma

gprasant

that link says "Page not found"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...