Installation

demo splunk instance for tutorial

gprasant

I was wondering what I needed to do in order to get started with a splunk tutorial. Do I need to
a) Install the splunk instance locally and upload demo data into it ? (or)
b) find a demo splunk instance available on the internet.

I searched for (b) but could not find it. It would be really useful if it existed to get people onboard splunk quickly.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Start with the Search Tutorial on the docs site. It walks you through installing the trial version and includes a sample data set that you can upload into Splunk, with instructions for searching, saving and sharing reports, and creating dashboards.

There is also a separate Data Model and Pivot Tutorial if you are interested in those features.

linu1988
Champion

Hello Prasant,
See this tutorial.

http://www.splunk.com/view/education-videos/SP-CAAAGB6
-> please check installing splunk on windows/ any other version.

You can go ahead to see splunk site documentation as well. You can install splunk trail version to learn things.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Edited my answer, Thanks

0 Karma

gprasant

that link says "Page not found"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...