Installation

Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times.

mikegia5

I'm trying to use Splunk Enterprise at my company and I get this error about my splunk license. Our company is licensed, so I'm wondering if Splunk is somehow looking at my work PC/personal license instead of the company license? How do I remove any trial versions of splunk from my PC? I was never able to install the trial on my personal computer at work, and I'm concerned that part of the install is left over and confusing the license information.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

All the Splunk Enterprise comes with trial license version for 60 days. After this evaluation period, those messages are shown. If you want to remove those messages, you have two options:
1 - connect your instance to Splunk License Master from your company
2 - Purchase a license for your personal splunk box

Note: If you select the option 1, please carefully about the data your are sending to this instance, because all the data that you indexed in your personal box will count against the company license, and maybe you can reach the day capacity license.

Please read this document where you can have more details about how splunk is being licensing.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.2/Admin/HowSplunklicensingworks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...