Installation

Will there be any changes to licenses when we upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1.2?

teddyidc1101
Communicator

Just curious, if we are upgrading distributed splunk enterprise from 7.0 to 7.1.2, we will download the current version in this link ,https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html and will use it for the upgrade process, right?
I just want to confirm if, is it even possible that when we upgrade, it will convert the splunk with license to free version of the splunk if we use the downloaded version from the link above?

Just confirming my understanding.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

If you already have an enterprise license installed then when you upgrade it will keep your existing license (not revert to the free license).
If you're already on the free license then this will continue, and if you are currently on a trial license then this will also continue (it will not reset the trail).
I hope this helps.
Regards
Will

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...