Installation

Will there be any changes to licenses when we upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1.2?

teddyidc1101
Communicator

Just curious, if we are upgrading distributed splunk enterprise from 7.0 to 7.1.2, we will download the current version in this link ,https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html and will use it for the upgrade process, right?
I just want to confirm if, is it even possible that when we upgrade, it will convert the splunk with license to free version of the splunk if we use the downloaded version from the link above?

Just confirming my understanding.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

If you already have an enterprise license installed then when you upgrade it will keep your existing license (not revert to the free license).
If you're already on the free license then this will continue, and if you are currently on a trial license then this will also continue (it will not reset the trail).
I hope this helps.
Regards
Will

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...