Installation

Why us default application preferences not formatting correctly?

johnnybillyd
Explorer

Hi,

I hope this is the right board to ask these questions, apologies if it's not:

I have two issues with my account preferences at the moment. I work for a large organsiation and there is dedicated team looking after the Splunk Cloud platform we use here

1. A while ago, my search formatting preferences changed somehow so that search terms like stats no longer get colours highlighting themselves to distinguish them in my searches. Now they are just plain text. I don't think I did anything to cause this.

2. I then realised that my default app preference is not being applied when I start Splunk.

Is this something I can fix, or do I need my admins to do it - they are all so busy right now, I don't want to hassle them with something minor like this.

My preferences all look like they are set correctly for both these things to work. Thanks for any assistance, I know you are all probably busy too!

Regards,

John

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Click on your name and select Preferences.  Under the Global tab you can choose your default application.  Switch to the SPL Editor tab to turn on the Advanced editor.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

johnnybillyd
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Both of those steps you have suggested are what I have already tried, but they do not seem to be getting applied.

If you have a suggestion how I can make my preferences "stick", I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Regards,

John

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...