Installation

Why is splunk Tour not getting launched or prompted?

paramagurukarth
Builder

Splunk Version: 6.4.5
I am trying to configure a tour to my project.
But it is not getting launched... or prompted.. as it does for splunk search screen(like below)
alt text

1. I have place the ui-tour.conf file to local directory of my splunk app an all my images inside /appserver/static/img/ of my splunk app
  2. Below is the ui-tour.conf content

[my-launcher]
    type = image
    tourPage = myDashboard
    intro = Contents of My App
    imageName1 = Launcher.png
    imageCaption1 = This is the first caption
    imageName2 = Launcher.gif
    imageCaption2 = This is the second caption
    context = myApp
    imgPath = /
    viewed=0

3. Creating a new user and launching my application in splunk. I was expecting a prompt .. but nothing got displayed.

4. When I launched my dashboard with tour query parameter like http://localhost:8000/en-GB/app/myApp/myDashboard?tour=my-launcher, configured launcher is getting launched. And even in that after I went through the tour.. NO ui-tour.conf file is getting generated in users/myUser/myApp/local/ and viewed attributes is not getting updated.

Did anyone tried this tour option..
Does it work?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

jbrocks
Communicator

Did you get this to work? I am having the exact same problem 😕

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@paramagurukarthikeyan,

Have you tried using this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2899/

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...