Installation

Why is MC broken after upgrade to 8.2.7?

sebridge
Engager

Getting 404 errors when trying to access the MC Summary and Health Check pages after an upgrade from 8.1.5 to 8.2.7.   First error is:

monitoringconsole_landing.js:283 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: _swcMc.ThemeUtils.getReactUITheme is not a function

etc. etc.

Any seen something similar?  Other pages in MC console work fine.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)

youngec
Explorer

Is this still broken for everyone?  It's been 3 months for us.   I thought there was supposed to be a fix for 8.2.x.  Or is 9.x the only way to fix it?

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @youngec 

Splunk passed me this released fix a few days ago, but I've not had the chance to try it yet.

------------------

The patch for this issue has been released in the following version 8.2.7.2. I have pasted the links below as per the engineering team.

https://download.splunk.com/products/splunk/releases/8.2.7.2/linux/splunk-8.2.7.2-394c9ab9e27e-linux...

https://download.splunk.com/products/splunk/releases/8.2.7.2/linux/splunk-8.2.7.2-394c9ab9e27e-linux...

https://download.splunk.com/products/splunk/releases/8.2.7.2/linux/splunk-8.2.7.2-394c9ab9e27e-Linux...

I also want to inform you that Splunk version 8.2.9(sustain/scootaloo) which has the bug fixed will be released in November month.

-------------------------

Note, I checked and 8.2.7.2 is not yet up on the Splunk official download site.

Check for any potential compatibility issues here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.7/Indexer/Systemrequirements#Splunk_Enterprise_vers...

Smashley
Explorer

Just adding my experience, after upgrading to 8.2.7.1, I'm also not able to load the health check or summary pages in MC. I can't recall whether I've run the check in the past couple weeks (upgraded from 8.2.5 to 8.2.7 a few weeks ago) but I do know it was working on 8.2.5.

0 Karma

likedasplunk
Path Finder

This was Splunk supports reply to me:

"This bug (SPL-226483) has been assigned to a Senior Software Engineer and is currently being worked on."

Smashley
Explorer

Thanks! I'll open my own ticket tomorrow to see if that adds some heat. I also forgot to mention I don't see this on the known issues page for 8.2.7 as of this writing, so I'll bring that up in my ticket.

0 Karma

decuenca

Any answer from Splunk about this case

0 Karma

likedasplunk
Path Finder

@decuenca 

No updates. As a matter of fact, 8.2.8 was just released and not a word was mentioned about this issue. I am still very unhappy with this.

0 Karma

Smashley
Explorer

Nevermind what I said about it not being under known issues, it is there, I must have scrolled past it. 😓

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Splunk advised that it's not an issue in Splunk 9+ and suggested upgrading to latest version to resolve.  Currently not a big enough issue for us to consider.

They have since downgraded my support ticket to P4 so I doubt that it'll ever be fixed in later Splunk 8.2.7+ versions.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

likedasplunk
Path Finder

@yeahnah 

I just got word from Splunk support that a fix is in testing right now and that they'll let me know when it's released. You just have to be persistent and refuse to take no for an answer for something like this.

likedasplunk
Path Finder

Yeah, and I'll argue that they aren't fixing it as a way of forcing people onto v9. How can break your own product, leave it broken, then tell people to "Just upgrade to 9+" ??

That's a BS answer.

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @sebridge 

The monitoring console (MC) in our environment is doing the same, after upgrading from 8.05 to 8.2.7 last week.   It includes the MC > Settings > Health Check Items page too, just sits there loading and the the DevTool console shows the 404 errors due to endpoints not existing. 

It's not just our management server's MC either, but the deployers, hfs and idxs.

I've opened a support case with Splunk about it.  For reference, case number is 3017536.

0 Karma

mello920
Path Finder

Hello,

I am having the same issue as well. Has there been any updates on your case or is there a way I can see it? I noticed you put the referenced number. New to Splunk!!

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @mello920 

It took a couple of weeks with Splunk support before they even opened the case internally with their engineering/dev team as they do not appear to have to their own Splunk envs.  It is now waiting on dev to confirm if they can reproduce the issue.   Still waiting... 

yeahnah
Motivator

Splunk have confirmed this is an issue in the 8.2.7 release and their Engineering team is working on a workaround/fix.

likedasplunk
Path Finder

We're having the same exact issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...