Installation

Why has my cold-to-frozen export script stopped working?

Lowell
Super Champion

I just noticed that my coldToFrozenScript stopped working around about 4.1.4 and all my exports have been failing. The export bucket location does contains no data.

I did some followup testing and tried to run exporttool by hand, and I'm seeing the following message for all my buckets:

no events

My script is based on the flatfileExport.sh.example script provided by splunk.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lowell
Super Champion

Check to see if your usage of the exportool utility includes meta::all. If it does, remove it. Splunk has apparently deprecated this command line argument.

In the example of the flatfileExport.sh.example, you should change this line:

exporttool "$1" "${1}/index.export" meta::all

should now be:

exporttool "$1" "${1}/index.export"

I have requested that splunk add this to their release changelog.

View solution in original post

Lowell
Super Champion

Check to see if your usage of the exportool utility includes meta::all. If it does, remove it. Splunk has apparently deprecated this command line argument.

In the example of the flatfileExport.sh.example, you should change this line:

exporttool "$1" "${1}/index.export" meta::all

should now be:

exporttool "$1" "${1}/index.export"

I have requested that splunk add this to their release changelog.

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Lowell, sorry about this oversight. We have fixed exporttool to restore backwards compatibility for calling arguments. This will ship in 4.1.5.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...