Installation

Why do I keep getting a NoSectionError / TypeError in BOTS environment?

mmoermans
Path Finder

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up the Boss of the SOC v1 (BOTS) environment but I keep getting the following error while looking at the questions page in the app. I've followed all the steps in the guide (https://github.com/splunk/SA-ctf_scoreboard) so I'm confused why I keep getting this error.

NoSectionError at "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607 : No section: 'ScoreboardController'

TypeError at "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364 : expected string or buffer

Does anyone know what might cause this error?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

mmoermans
Path Finder

Figured it out, since we had a different default port the python scripts used needed to be adjusted.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mmoermans
Path Finder

Figured it out, since we had a different default port the python scripts used needed to be adjusted.

0 Karma

mmoermans
Path Finder

The issue was due to the app having the name SA-ctf_scoreboard-master instead of SA-ctf_scoreboard, changing that the error was resolved.

I now have the following error even though the ctf_hints was properly imported:

UnboundLocalError at "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ctf_scoreboard/bin/gethints.py", line 121 : local variable 'ctf_hints' referenced before assignment

bjbalas

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Any updates?

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

I am also having the came ctf_hints variable issue.

Hopefully someone can chime and help us both out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...