Installation

Why do I get the error message to be expired license when I install Splunk Enterprise 7.0.0 at first time?

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

Why is splunk v7.0.0 license is expired at the time to build? bug?
It is happened at two times.

The tail license has expired at May 14, 2018 10:22:46 AM.
why...wired behaviour...

alt text

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

The license that ships with the 7.0.0 installable has expired - it had a hardstop in 2018. I have observed the same with each new version, there is a max date till which the trial license works.

If you install newer versions, they will also have an expiry date but it may also have a similar date in the future.

We have many instances of 7.0.0 and we see this every time we install a new one. Solution is to apply a valid license to it or connect it to a License Master.

View solution in original post

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

The license that ships with the 7.0.0 installable has expired - it had a hardstop in 2018. I have observed the same with each new version, there is a max date till which the trial license works.

If you install newer versions, they will also have an expiry date but it may also have a similar date in the future.

We have many instances of 7.0.0 and we see this every time we install a new one. Solution is to apply a valid license to it or connect it to a License Master.

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

I appreciate your answer.
I checked the limit of license too.
I will let the splunk server (7.0.x) be slave of the license master(latest version).

0 Karma

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

This issue has been occurred in v6.5.1 .
Please resolve splunk team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does this affect the product in anyway?I don't think so.
Just install a valid license. And that will be sorted.

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

Wierd. Are you getting such messages when you go for higher releases like 7.2.5 or 7.3.0 ? Any specific reason for installing 7.0.0 ?

0 Karma

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

Sorry for my late. Thanks for your comment.
I just wanna to certificate upgrading from 7.0.0 to latest version for EOS.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...