Installation

Why am receiving a free license violation after upgrade to 6.1.3 and have never gone above 200MB/day?

sazv

I just upgraded to 6.1.3, and now I am receiving a license violation. Looking at the past 30 days, I have never gone above 200MB/day, and only once touched 30% of daily license quota. I have one pool warning and one pool violation, with a "correct by midnight" message. Today's percentage of license quota sits at slightly over 10% as I type.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

One problem that I faced when first using the free licence was that Splunk was indexing (and more to the point re-indexing after rotation) its own log files. This meant that there was growing input day-on-day. When using an Enterprise licence this problem never becomes apparent, because the Splunk logs are a tiny drop in the ocean, but when using the free licence it can take a significant bite out of the available throughput.

0 Karma

jsundberg_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk's internal logs do not count against the license (free or Enterprise).

0 Karma

sazv

Very strange. Today the license violation was downgraded to a warning, and everything is otherwise working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...