Installation

Why am I unable to complete Splunk 7.1.2 installation on my Mac OS 10.13?

chet123hu

I followed the procedure mentioned in the third module of Splunk fundamentals 1 course to install Splunk on Mac OS 10.13. All of the steps were completed. The Splunk short cut icon is created on the desktop too. But, I did not get the terminal window or Splunk's little helper, which asks for password.

Kindly help me out.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So, when you double-click on the desktop icon, nothing happens?

Did you try to start it from a terminal window? See Start Splunk Enterprise for the first time in the Installation Manual.

If this does not work, then my guess is that something went wrong with the installation itself. Delete the software from your Applications directory, then download and install it again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...