Installation

Why am I getting this error trying to add a new license? "In handler 'licenses': web_1466081763.85.lic: failed to add, stackid=lite maps to invalid gid"

pkasper
Explorer

Hello,

We are a Splunk Partner. We had a 5gig license that expired and a new one emailed. When I try and add the new one, I get the following error.

Bad Request — In handler 'licenses': web_1466081763.85.lic: failed to add, stackid=lite maps to invalid gid 

It is Splunk 6.41

Thanks,
Peter

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pkasper
Explorer

I'll answer my own question. The license generated for us was the wrong type, it was for Splunk Light not Splunk Enterprise, hence the error "stackid=lite".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pkasper
Explorer

I'll answer my own question. The license generated for us was the wrong type, it was for Splunk Light not Splunk Enterprise, hence the error "stackid=lite".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...