Installation

Where to get Splunk download mirror?

jeffstu

I'm currently downloading splunk via wget.
also tried via browser.

36mb file downloading at 4kb/s

Is there a mirror where I could get this from?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

rdykes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Crt89,

There was an outbound traffic spike yesterday around the time you reported the issue and earlier at 3PM pacific time, so it could have been network congestion upstream from us. I'll dig into it a little further, let us know if you still see the issue.

Cheers!

• R
0 Karma

Subhobroto

splunk forwarder download failed twice. Trying for the download third time. It is very slow.
SBN

0 Karma

crt89
Communicator

slow download experiencing in apps.splunk.com right now.

0 Karma

rdykes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

The issue should be resolved now, please contact Support if you are still having issues.

Thank you for your patience!

• R
0 Karma

rdykes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

We'll put up a mirror somewhere if we can't get this sorted out quickly. The problem has been traced to a switch issue caused by a maintenance event this weekend, our DC provider is working on correcting the issue now.

• R
0 Karma

rdykes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all,

There appears to be an issue with the peering fabric we use to connect to our upstream providers in our main data center facility, unfortunately it's causing performance issues across all of our providers. We are working on this issue and expect a resolution shortly.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

• R

Ross Dykes
IT Architect
Sr. Manager, Caffeine Disposal Operations
Splunk, Inc.

morthez

Same issue all day here aswell.. 😕

0 Karma

Branden
Builder

I'm having the same problem. What's worse is it'll terminate the download in the middle. I still can't get my forwarder downloaded! Very frustrating.

0 Karma

jeffstu

The Download took nearly 2 hours.
I would make the suggestion to the splunk team to upload the files to a few mirrors.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

I expect there are just some issues with their hosting atm. Normally its pretty good

0 Karma

jeffstu

The Download took nearly 2 hours.
I would make the suggestion to the splunk team to upload the files to a few mirrors.

0 Karma

snigah

I have the same problem.! very slow download

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...