Installation

What is the search that produces "/manager/system/licensing" totals for "Pools", "Indexers", "Volume used today"?

nmclaughl1
Explorer

I'm responsible for a License Manager that hosts multiple Pool-licenses. I don't have any access to any Splunk components (search peers, search peer index clusters, search heads, etc.).

I am aware that I can manually & periodically view /manager/system/licensing on the License Manager, which appears to be the "last 24 hours" - but I want to evaluate and learn how to formulate the exact same query and get the exact same results.

I want to share the daily totals (indexed data volume by pool) to the other responsible-parties in the pool.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor

Hi Nm,

try this, it gives the total volume by index.
index=_internal source="license_usage.log" type=Usage | eval yearmonthday=strftime(_time, "%Y%m%d") | eval yearmonth=strftime(_time, "%Y%m%d") | stats sum(eval(b/1024/1024/1024)) AS volume_b by idx yearmonthday yearmonth | chart sum(volume_b) over yearmonth by idx

nmclaughl1
Explorer

Thanks pruthvikrishnapolavarapu,

Your help got me closer to having an apples-to-apples indexed-volume, per day, per License Pool...

I needed:

1. more ambiguous source
  2. time-range, "Per Start of Day"=psod
  3. formatting to look like whatever Splunk License Manager is doing internally inside /manager/system/licensing

I adapted your example for my env and now I get totals per-pool that match my partners with licenses my-environment hosts:

earliest=-0h@d latest=now() index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" type=Usage 
| eval dmy=strftime(_time, "%m.%d.%Y") 
| stats values(dmy) AS "As of 0Hour This MonDayYr" sum(eval(b/1024/1024)) AS vol_mb_psod by pool
| eval vol_mb_psod=round(vol_mb_psod,0)
| fieldformat vol_mb_psod=tostring(vol_mb_psod,"commas")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...