Installation

What are the yellow and red warnings [object Object] that pop up when loggin in and navigating through Splunk?

yAlff
Path Finder

Hi all,

some times we see warnings on the top of the page, that say [object Object]. We did not do any configurations before. They just pop up, when logging in and navigating through Splunk.
Please see the following picture:
alt text

Can you help us here? What does it mean?

Best,
Yannic

Tags (2)
1 Solution

yAlff
Path Finder

It influenced the search results and it was neccessary to

1. upgrade immediate to Splunk 6.2.4
  2. double the RAM in the machines to give the indexers more air to breathe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yAlff
Path Finder

It influenced the search results and it was neccessary to

1. upgrade immediate to Splunk 6.2.4
  2. double the RAM in the machines to give the indexers more air to breathe
0 Karma

aledantas2k12
Explorer

I downvoted this post because really?

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

hi yAlff,

it is not a serious problem, it is just when the splunkd server takes too long to display the results or whether splunkd planted, splunk can display this message which may be related to the number of programs implemented by the machine one point and characteristics of the machine. this message can not influence your results.

please forgive my english.

yAlff
Path Finder

In retrospective it influenced my results. We had to upgrade the whole cluster to 6.2.4 and double the RAM.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...