Upgrade to 4.2 to 4.3 help required

adityapavan18
Contributor

Hi

I have been using splunk 4.2.4. It has all my indexes and configurations
I wanted to upgrade it to 4.3 version.

For installing i made a mistake and i gave the path as

rpm -U --prefix /opt/Software/splunk splunk-4.3-115073-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

instead of rpm -U --prefix /opt/Software/ splunk-4.3-115073-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

where is /opt/Software/splunk is the SPLUNK_HOME

And now after upgrading it created /opt/Software/splunk/splunk and it is not having my configurations and indexes data in that folder. The old configurations are present in old path only.

So now i have upgraded version of splunk but it doesn't contain my indexes and configurations.

Please help me to correct it

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try backing up your old path's contents, then deleting the new installation completely, then re-upgrading with the correct path. (the backup is just for peace of mind :)).

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try backing up your old path's contents, then deleting the new installation completely, then re-upgrading with the correct path. (the backup is just for peace of mind :)).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...