Installation

Upgrade from 7.3.7 to 8.0.6

adalbor
Builder

Hey All,

We are looking to upgrade from 7.3.7 to 8.0.6 or the most recent release in the 8.x  code base.

Besides potential app incompatibilities, does anyone else have any "gotcha's" or issues/concerns they have run into with an upgrade like this?

Thanks!

Andrew

Labels (1)

dmacintosh_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think the best way to answer this question is to refer you to the following Answers post by one of our senior technical writers. It will cover much more regarding an upgrade than just your question. https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/What-s-the-order-of-operations-for-upgrading-Splunk-Ent...

0 Karma

adalbor
Builder

Hey @dmacintosh_splu  I appreciate that link.  I already have that document and use it as part of all of our upgrades.  I was more looking for tips/tricks/gotcha's  from others who have made the jump from 7.x to 8.x to help prepare for any issues/concerns before we upgrade.

dmacintosh_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is great to hear and apologize for misunderstanding the question you were asking. I have personally not heard of much pain from v7.3.x to v8.x, mostly from v7.2.x and prior to anything beyond v7.3.x. I look forward to seeing some other responses, have a great day!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...